Services for Recovery

posted almost 2 years ago by ManningValleyEmergencySupport from Manning Valley Emergency Support
This update is over 30 days old.

I’ll be using this page to collate external services and support options being offered by major utilities like phone companies, service nsw and other providers. Follow the links below to find support. I’ll update with information as we find it. Please message us with suggestions if you know of things I’ve missed.

Animals - LLS - For emergency fodder, water, animal services contact Ag & Animal Services, stationed at Wingham Showgrounds 1800814647

For people who don’t qualify for LLS support we are doing what we can to source and buy hay from the donations we’re receiving so please log your need at or message the Manning Valley Emergency Support by Locals facebook page and we’ll add you to the list

Fence rebuilding - Chris and John 0418745994 or Claire Thompson at Bobin 0403080730

Lions Club Taree is collecting funding to use for fencing rebuilding and will be using local contractors for this job. Please log your need at and we will add you to the list of people requiring assistance.

NSW Government Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444

Rubbish Bins: If your village needs bin replacement you can call JR Richards or fill in a form from MCC website or call and enquire about skips for clean up.

A skip bin is now at Bobin Hall, a bin will be delivered to Wherrol Flat Hall Monday 18th

Register Find Reunite - Locating Loved Ones via Redcross

Counselling and mental health support for RSFA members Counselling and mental health support providers for the community Lifeline - 13 11 14

Wingham - Manning Valley Neighbourhood Services are also coordinating support for fire affected people call them on 65535121 monday-thursday

PROVIDED BY GOVERNMENT 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐲 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 Up to 7 days emergency accommodation can be provided by the NSW Govt Disaster Welfare. Register for assistance at an official evacuation centre.

Assistance from Service NSW (document replacement, vehicle registrations etc)

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐏𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 $1000 for eligible persons via Centrelink Apply by phoning 180 22 66

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐑𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐀𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 13 week payment for eligible persons who’s income has been affected by a disaster (i.e. farmers) Apply by phoning 180 22 66

𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐬 𝐏𝐚𝐲𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 One off crisis payment is available via Centrelink for those experiencing financial hardship due to a crisis You must apply within 7 days of the crisis via phone or in a service centre…/centrelink/crisis-payment

𝐃𝐢𝐬𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐖𝐞𝐥𝐟𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 If you aren't insured Disaster Welfare Grants are available which can help with replacing appliances or buildings Apply by phoning Disaster Welfare Services: 1800 018 444


No comments yet.

Post a new comment

News by topic

Other recent news